Business, commercial, and multi-family homes* in Torrance must receive trash services from a licensed private hauler.

If you are a resident serviced by the City of Torrance refuse pick-up and wish to have a dumpster or roll-off bin, you also need to go to a private company. If you place that roll-off bin on City property, you will need a permit issued by the Community Development Department.

See a list of private refuse haulers licensed to do business in the City of Torrance.

*The city is allowed by code to provide trash and recycling services to 3 and 4 units multifamily homes if they are in an areas already serviced by the City. If you’re interested in receiving city service, call public works to see if you qualify at (310) 781-6900.